The fact is that 54% of the mobile users abandon a site that take longer than 3 seconds to load. To counter this speed issue of content loading on mobile google came up with AMP (Accelerated mobile pages) project. AMP helps reduce loads times, bounce rates, increase user engagement times & improve mobile rankings.
Benefits of AMP (Accelerated mobile pages)
- Website pages developed with AMP experience faster load times, hence leading to a drop in page abandonment leading to increase in conversations.
- Page load times and speed are known factor which help in higher rankings on Google.
- Lower bounce rates get higher rankings.
- Search results on Google now show AMP symbol which improves rankings in search results. Google search engine result page (SERP) has started displaying the AMP symbols.
- AMP supports various technologies, networks & formats which help advertisers improve ROI.